Today is 7dpIUI#2
I have been doing quite a bit of thinking these past 7 days about the next steps. I am pretty convinced this IUI didn't work. I will be able to do IUI#3 in November, but I'll be traveling in December so I'll have to skip that month. I have been doing a lot of thinking about IVF which will cost me one of the following options:
Single cycle - $8,900
Pregnancy guarantee (4 cycles) - $19,500
3 cycles - $15,500
I think I've decided that the 3 cycles for $15,500 is the way to go for me if I do it. I would be totally annoyed if I paid the $19,500 for the guarantee and it take only one or two tries, and I think my chances are really good for it to work in one or two tries (but then there's the TWINS panic). I had considered paying for a cycle at a time, but at that cost, 2 cycles will cost more than the 3 cycle deal. I'm not totally convinced that I want to go the IVF route though. I hate the idea of having the equivalent to another car payment for the first few years of my kid's life. Especially at a time when money will be tight with full time daycare (not to mention all the other stuff like diapers and probably formula).
I just hate dropping the $1,000 every month for the IUIs which seem to have terrible success rates. Then there's planning for siblings. I originally bought 6 vials of sperm, and I really don't feel like buying any more. The benefit to doing IVF is that it (usually) only takes one vial and I will likely have some embryos to freeze for siblings, thereby eliminating the need to purchase and store sperm, and fork over a bunch of money for more IUIs in a few years when I'm in the "high risk" age-group. If the IUI's don't seem to be working for me now (at least after a decent amount of time), they sure as hell aren't going to get any better over time.
Gah, what to do, what to do.