Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Parental Units

Arrived last night. I waited until about an hour before bedtime to spring what has been not happening. Their responses were exactly as I had predicted. I mean, I couldn't have scripted it better. I answered everything Mom was going to say before she could say it and pretty much ended with "the decision has been made. This is what I'm doing and the ship has sailed. Wanna read the donor information?"

I knew Mom would be nosy as hell about the donor and I figured it was a good distraction of sorts. To their credit they seem to have accepted that this is what's happening and while I do detect a hint of incredulity, there is also a hint of excitement. And they've already started thinking/planning how and when to come out here after I have the baby. I didn't tell them that I planned that all out too.

Ha.

**Edited to add:

I JUST BOUGHT 6 VIALS OF SWIMMERS! ACK! It's really starting to happen. No going back now...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on spilling the beans! I told my parents two years ago, but still remember how anxious I was before I told them - heart palpitations and everything!

    Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting.. I am happy for you. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for getting your swimmers!! & it's good to hear your parents took the news well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things went okay with your parents! I'm more than a little nervous telling mine - so much so that my plan has been not to tell them until I'm pregnant. But reading how you handled it has given me some courage. My favorite line it - "The decision has been made. This is what I'm doing..." awesome!

    And congrats on buying the swimmers! Huge step forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for telling them. I can relate to how hard it is to tell the parents. I procrastinated with telling my mom and then one day just blurted it out. Since then she hasn't said a word. Not sure if that is a good thing or not;)

    Congrats on the swimmers. Big step!

    Faith
    http://faith-exploringmyoptionsformotherhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete