Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sonogram and first follicle count

Had the CD11 sonogram and blood work today. I have 12 follicles on each ovary and they are all at 10mm. The tech kinda freaked out on me and said that was too many and that she only saw those numbers in IVF patients, which of course panicked me. She had me talk to the doctor (a different one who I hadn't seen before) who's first words were "how do you feel about twins?" So then I start panicking about have to skip this cycle and possibly the next because of travel, and then I got angry over taking the meds when in the very beginning I didn't want to. I left the clinic in a daze and wondering what the hell I was doing. My nurse called this afternoon and talked me off the ledge. She said everything was fine and I was right where she expected me to be at this stage. She said that at 10mm the follicles are nowhere near mature and we'll keep an eye on them and see which ones grow. She said she expects me to go for the IUI on Tuesday or maybe even Weds. I go back on Sunday morning for another sonogram and blood work.

This is such a roller coaster ride.

7 comments:

  1. Roller coaster is right! I'm sure not all those follies will actually develop, but it's going to be a long wait until Sunday, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you are stressed out. Just an fyi -I had four follies at the time of my IUI but only 2 were a good size. Only one was fertilized. You definately will have better idea on Sunday and make a decision that you are comfortable with - good luck. Don't worry this cycle is not going to result in you landing your own show on the Discovery Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry.. it will be okay. Not all will mature when you do your IUI. Some follicles may also be empty. They like the follicles to be at least 18-20mm to consider mature and ready for IUI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds like the beginning of a successful cycle to me... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try not to stress & worry too much...to repeat the sentiment from above, wait to see what Sunday's look tells you...take care & best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't panic, I had 9 follicles on cd 10 and ended up with only one mature follicle by the time I was ready for the IUI. I hope everything works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the nurse called to tell you everything was as it should be. It really does sound like a very promising cycle. Best of Luck this Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete