Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HSG

Had the HSG today. It definitely wasn't a fun time and I'm not in any hurry to do it again, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I kept hearing all kinds of horrific stories in the past few days/weeks, and every single person I came into contact with at the hospital went over the procedure and how much it hurts, so by the time the doctor actually came in, I was freaked the hell out. I brought my ipod so I could listen to some good tunes and keep my mind off what he was doing, which worked quite well, and to my surprise, it was over within one song.

Tubes all clear. Ultrasound, bloodwork and daily monitoring start on Thursday. My first vial of swimmers was shipped out today.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for a great HSG! You know, mine wouldn't have been that bad, except that I had a wonky cervix and he ended up having to use a balloon catheter to get through it. Guess it was a good thing I had that before my IUIs, huh? The rest isn't fun, but it is fast.

    And a big huge hoooray for swimmers in the mail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the doctor described the procedure to me I thought I was going to faint. I was really nervous and it was over in less than 5 minutes and (for me) was painless. I had heard all the horror stories too! I'm so glad yours was quick too and that it's all systems go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it went well and everything looked clear. Another hooray for swimmers being on the way! I've heard that the 2 or 3 cycles after a HSG are extra fertile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great HSG! you'll be in your 2ww befor you know it! Best of luck! & to ditto Meg, I've also read that your chance are good after an HSG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be having an HSG coming up in the next week so I am happy to hear it's not a horrific experience. I'm excited to be following you and hearing your story unfold.

    Faith
    http://faith-exploringmyoptionsformotherhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine was so quick and I went to teach right after the procedure. The only drama was that they were running behind and my sub was only there in the am. As far as discomfort, I took their advice and had an advil one hour before procedure.

    ReplyDelete