Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fatherless Children

I have had a terrible headache all weekend :(

One of the biggest issues I have with the single mother by choice idea, is the lack of a daddy for my kids. I grew up in your typical mom, dad and a sibling home. I am very close to my dad and we talk several times a week. He is the best dad anyone could ever hope for and I miss him terribly. I cannot imagine life without him, and I know that I wouldn't be anywhere near the independent, confident and capable person I am without his involvement in my raising. So, the idea of my children not having the same experience breaks my heart. I don't even have kids yet and I already feel guilty and sad at the idea. During all my web surfing, I have seen a lot of negative things about donor children after they've grown up and how much they resent being brought into the world the way they were.  I would really like to find some positive information/experiences but I either don't know where to look or there aren't any. I also have serious trepidations about when the child grows up and tries to locate half-siblings and the donor, and how much of an issue it seems to be.  The thing I keep hearing (reading) is that these kids grow up feeling like they're missing half of themselves. It disturbs me greatly and I don't know what to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment