Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wow. PUPO.

Things moved ridiculously fast. I wasn't expecting things to go this fast for TTC Baby#2. On Friday November 2nd I made the first appointment with the new RE for Dec 26. They called me on Monday night (Nov 5th), said they had a cancellation and asked if I could come in the next day. I went in the following day (Nov 6th, CD9) for the initial consultation and blood work. I also had an HSN (hysterosonogram) during the visit to check for any scar tissue from my c-section. It was clear so they sent me on my way with an ovidrel shot on order and told me to have my sperm shipped and to start peeing on OPKs. If I didn't get a positive OPK by CD15, call the office to set up a time for an ultrasound. By Friday, I had 2 vials of sperm at the office and on Saturday the ovidrel injection arrived.

CD15 was this past Monday (Nov 12) and I still had no positive OPK. Not surprising because my cycles are a few days longer than the average 28. When I went in for monitoring on Monday, they found a 20mm follicle ready to go. They sent me home and told me to take the trigger that night and scheduled IUI #1 for this morning.

I went in this morning at 8:55. I had good cervical mucus, an open cervix and the sperm had a great mobility count. IUI was done in about 2 mins, I waited for about 10 mins and was up and out of there by 9:15.

I can't even believe it. I wasn't expecting to even start trying until January! We'll see what happens after my 2WW.

OMG. I'm on a 2WW again. I'm not even going to think about it or POS unless I don't get my period by the 26th (12dpIUI). I'm almost scared to find out that I'm pregnant. I can't help feeling a little apprehensive. This is happening a lot sooner than I original planned or expected. I kind of feel like an ass for having just started at my new office and then running off and getting pregnant again.

4 comments:

  1. That was fast!! Good luck & thinking good positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to get in earlier and get started so quickly!

    Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my one and only IUI. I was originally planning to start trying in January, too, but then I moved it back to December, and then figured, well hell, why not November?! And guess what? It worked! My three-month-old is home sleeping right now (I'm at work). So... you just never know!

    Congrats on being PUPO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting. Wishing you sticky baby dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! That WAS fast! Hoping you're doing well and that you luck out with a BFP on your first try. :)

    ReplyDelete