Monday, January 2, 2012

6 Months...where'd the time go?

I can't believe my time is up and I have to go back to work tomorrow and leave my baby in daycare. I can't even think about it anymore. UGH!

Back to my hellish 10+ hours a day job with the jerks and mean people. No transfer in sight and I can't even tell you how many hours of sleep I have lost worrying about having to work weekends and holidays with no childcare available. I don't even know what I will do. I need to find a good way to refuse without pissing my bosses off (probably not possible). But I WILL NOT go two weeks or more without a day at home with my baby. I don't know what the answer is and in this economy the job prospects aren't good. I've been looking.

Also, I'm really not looking forward to having to pump three times a day at work. I have an office, but making/finding the time is going to be difficult. Especially with the misogynistic jerks around. But then again, I guess I really don't give a crap. If I need to pump, I need to pump and I'll walk out of meetings if I have to.

3 comments:

  1. I'm heading back to work on the 9th after a year off....I can't believe it either. Tomorrow my baby has her first hour without me and I can't stand to think about it. Good luck. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and I hope that you both adjust quickly. Good news is that it's a short week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's bad enough having to leave your baby & go back to work but even worse you have to go back to a workplace you don't enjoy. Hope you're able to find a better job.

    ReplyDelete